In this episode of the Performance Mindset podcast, Amy interviews William Warren. William is an illustrator and entrepreneur who has spent his career using visuals to help communicate ideas and stories. He is the founder and CEO of The Sketch Effect, a visual communication company that helps make ideas understandable and actionable through animation, live events, sketching, and infographics. Some of their clients have included Marriott, Oracle, Chick-fil-A, and Delta. William just published his first book, The Conquering Creative, which is already an Amazon Best Seller.
William resides in Atlanta, Georgia, with his wife, Monica, and their children, Liam, Gracie, and Preston.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- William’s background in sketching and comics and how his career plans to become a cartoonist pivoted, leading him to eventually start his company.
- How he balances work and family life, and why he’s grateful the most challenging season occurred before his kids arrived.
- The role William has now in his business compared to how it began.
- The books that helped lay the foundation for him to grow.
- What William’s book is about, and what inspired him to write it.
- His most memorable and challenging projects and how that led to establishing his company’s core values.
- Why your calendar is a reflection of your priorities.
Connect with Amy Calandrino here:
Connect with William Warren: