Amy welcomes guest John Crossman this week on the Performance Mindset Podcast. John has been a real estate executive, speaker, and author and is most known for his organizational go-to market strategies. He now provides consulting services and still does commercial real estate as well. John has a passion for helping young professionals, which is one of the reasons John and Amy initially connected. His latest book is Career Killers/Career Builders, and in it, he shares some of the keys to his professional and personal success, including the importance of being coachable.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- John Crossman’s background, what led him to the commercial real estate industry, and how a transition coach helped him find his current path.
- Why he believes it’s important for the commercial real estate industry to continue to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion and what the return on that investment can look like.
- What inspired him to write his book Career Killers/Career Builders.
- His advice for Gen Z coming into the workplace and why they should avoid being defined by a narrative that paints the entire group negatively.
- The reason mentors are important to have and why that mentor may not even know you’re looking up to them.
- The advice John would give to his younger self based on the life lessons he’s learned along the way.
Connect with Amy Calandrino here:
Connect with John Crossman: