In this episode of the Performance Mindset podcast, Amy welcomes guest Leslie Heimer. Leslie is a tenured mortgage lending professional and a real estate powerhouse. She’s been recognized as one of the most powerful women in banking and was named a Most Influential Thought Leader for 2021. She holds an MBA with a focus on marketing and has been involved in the real estate industry for two decades. Leslie can handle a real estate transaction all the way from the procurement of the money to the overall buying or selling. She provides a high-touch, high-level concierge experience for some of Orlando’s most distinguished home buyers and home sellers.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Leslie’s family background in the mortgage industry and how it eventually led her into the business.
- The retail lending space versus wholesale mortgage brokers and the differences in how they operate.
- How she uses exercise, time blocking, and journaling to keep her days on track even though no workday is ever the same.
- The negative backlash Leslie received when she shifted into real estate and sales, what she did to overcome it, and why she cares deeply about her professional reputation.
- Leslie’s tips for achieving success every day and keeping emotions in check.
- Her time management tricks and why new real estate agents or mortgage brokers should find a mentor.
- The importance of balance and self-care to avoid burnout and why a fear-based mindset isn’t healthy.
- What losing her mortgage business in the 2008 housing crash taught Leslie and how it changed her willingness to ask for help.
Connect with Amy Calandrino here:
Connect with Leslie Heimer: