Amy interviews serial entrepreneur Sydney Phillips on this performance Mindset podcast episode. Sydney is an inventor and philanthropist, and she’s on a mission to push humanity forward while living interestingly. Sydney is a fellow Power Beacon, an eccentric futurist, and an amateur racecar driver. She’s been recognized as one of the Top 100 Women of the Future, Top 25 Women in the Metaverse, 25 Most Influential Women in Commercial Real Estate, and Top 100 US Business Leaders and People in Real Estate. She was also named the 2020 Young Female Entrepreneur of the Year.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Sydney Phillips’ background as a serial entrepreneur and the influence her family of entrepreneurs had on her decision to start a business.
- Her experience running a business with her grandfather at 14 years old and how that contributed to her commercial real estate purchases today.
- Why Sydney doesn’t put a lot of stock into the outcome of a company and instead embraces being a part of it.
- The number of domains she owns and when she decides to let go of them.
- Sydney’s involvement with the Power Beacons and why she’s so passionate about women in entrepreneurship.
- Mentorship and its value in starting businesses, particularly for women entrepreneurs.
- The five Fs successful entrepreneurs follow to continue being successful.
- The traditional financial arrangement between men and women and why it doesn’t work today.
- Setting a schedule that revolves around your priorities.
- Sydney’s plans for a foundation in 2024.
- What Zuke AR is her recent sale of the platform.
- Embracing your eccentricities because they make you who you are.
Connect with Amy Calandrino here:
Connect with Sydney Phillips: