Today, Amy welcomes Brendon Dedekind to the Performance Mindset podcast. Brendon is a commercial real estate executive and currently Senior Vice President with Trammell Crow’s Central Florida business unit based in Orlando. He’s responsible for growing the office development pipeline, sourcing and executing a variety of industrial developments throughout the region, including speculative and build-to-suit. Prior to his role at Trammell Crow, Brendon was Vice President, Market Officer for Prologis in Orlando and managed over $2 billion worth of real estate. He was responsible for the acquisition, development, management, disposition, and overall brand and relationship management.
In addition to his business background, Brendon is also an electrical engineer and a retired swimmer, having completed two consecutive seasons of the Summer Olympics, taking home the International Championship gold medal in the 50-meter freestyle at the 1999 Pan Pacific swimming championships.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The traits Brendon believes contribute to his success in everything he does and where his work ethic and discipline developed.
- The three things he considers when he’s looking at a piece of land.
- What you should ask to find out how committed someone is to your mission and get a sense of their mindset.
- Who the best brokers are and some key challenges Brendon faced while maintaining, building, and optimizing multibillion-dollar real estate assets.
- How he applies the principles of dedication, perseverance, and resiliency to his professional career.
- The most memorable experiences from his swimming career and why it wasn’t about the performance.
- How competitive swimming relates to the competitive real estate market.
- Some key lessons Brendon wants to pass on to others and faith’s role in his mindset surrounding life and business.
Connect with Amy Calandrino here:
Connect with Brendon Dedekind: